I’ve made this body lotion for a few times now, and it’s always great.
When I made it for the first time I added too much (for my taste) essential oils. The second time I didn’t add anything at all and I actually didn’t like it so much, as well. without the essential oils this lotions smells like mocha coffee. It’s actually very pleasant scent, but I like it to have a delicate citrus scent to it as well.
So this time, I think, I’ve found the perfect recipe for me.
So, this is how I made it:
2) 1/2 cup of almond oil
You can use what ever oil you’ve got. The better quality of the oil, the better quality of your body lotion.
coconut oil – very moisturaizing and great for irritated and sensitive skin.
sunflower oil – is loaded with Vitamins A, D, and E. great for damaged and aged skin.
for more oils and their descriptions go here.
But you really don’t have to focus on that. Olive oil or sunflower oil will work just fine!
3) Over double bath melt the wax in oil. DO NOT MICROWAVE IT!!!
4) When the wax and olive oil are mixed well together so there isn’t any piece of wax floating on the oil pour it into a glass jar or glass bowl or whatever jar (it should be glass) you want to use for this purpose ( I use a jar after TOSTITOS salsa).
5) add 1 1/2 cup of hot coffee. I made mine very strong (Hazelnut Creme, btw. Yumm! and smells sooo good)!
*According to Esthetician Jennifer Tanner from CancerLynx.com, when coffee is applied topically it redistributes fat cells and helps to prevent cellulite from forming. She goes on to say that it helps to get rid of varicose veins by shrinking and tightening your blood vessels.
6) Stir it well. Very well.
7) Don’t let the coffee to separate from the rest of the mixture. If you see something like on the picture below stir it again. Stir it very well. And after 2, 3 minutes stir it again, and again… and again… Until the mixture is thick. If you forget to do that and you let the mixture to separate don’t worry… You can heat it up a little, and start the process of stiring the mixture every couple of minutes again :-)
8) Sometime in the middle of the stirring process, when the mixture is not hot anymore add (or not) essential oils, or fragrance oils, or both. This is what I used today. 15 drops of grapefruit essential oil, and 5 of amber rose fragrance oil.
The difference between them is that the fragrance oil is mostly for the scent, while especial oils have therapeutic properties (and they smell nice, too). Before the decision what kind of essential oil you want to use for your lotion you have to check it out if it’s safe. Not all of them are safe to use on skin. So, just google it.
For example grapefruit essential oil helps to boost digestion, benefits the immune system by helping to clear the lymphatic system, helps with skin problems, and can be used for muscle stiffness, water retention and for bolstering the nervous system.
it can irritate the skin if exposed to strong sunlight after treatment.
9) At the same time open a few capsules of vitamin E and pour the liquid into your body lotion.
10) Ready to use!!!
or to play with :-)
* this lotion is not a miraculous protection from cellulite!!! If you don’t drink enough water every day, if you don’t exercise and eat a healthy diet this lotion won’t make you cellulite to disappear or it won’t prevent the cellulite to appear. As a woman who already had one child and is expecting another one in a close future I do have to admit I have cellulite and this lotion didn’t make it disappear. My cellulite hasn’t gotten any bigger since I started to use this lotion, though (and I’ve used it for about a year). If you want to fight cellulite you should try to use this lotion with coffee body scrubs and body wraps using coffee grounds and olive oil.
For even better recipe check out my post: Cocoa Butter Coffee Body Lotion. That lotion helped me to fight with stretch marks thanks to cocoa butter in it.
Happy mixing and using! I hope you’ll all enjoy it!
- Cocoa Butter Coffee body lotion, once again. (momphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Oatmeal Cocoa Butter Honey Milk Lotion (momphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Cocoa Butter Coffee Lotion with a hint of grapefruit juice (momphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Coffee body scrub (http://www.coffeetickle.com/)
- Coffee lotion (http://www.coffeetickle.com/)