When it comes to food I haven’t done much lately. At least nothing worth sharing. Most of the time it’s a very quick and easy dinner. For lunch my husband has all kinds of “goodies” from the pre-made frozen food section. Our Little One is happy with smoothies, cheese cream-jam sandwiches, eggs, cheese or some pretzels. SHE LOVES PRETZELS!!!
I know, I know, those are not the best choices but I am not able to make anything more these days. I wish I had more energy and I was in less pain, but I am not, and it is what it is. A few more weeks and all will get better. I’ll be back to my old self.
This morning I took an advantage of feeling pretty energetic and in a good mood. I made banana crumbs muffins with some extra healthy kick: chia seeds. I made them before and my husband LOVED it. They are really easy and fast to make and taste delicious. Fluffy, soft and moist inside and very crunchy on the outside. I changed a few things in the old version and I think this one is much better.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
Feel free to double the crumbs recipe as they are really delicious and the more of it on top of the muffin the better it tastes.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon almonds (or any kinds of nuts), finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 or 11 ( I made 11 from this recipe) muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chia seeds. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Fill prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 with batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. Mix with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Mixed in chopped nuts. Sprinkle topping over muffins. I mean, cover completely the top of the muffin with the crumbs (if you made double batch).
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Knowing for sure that my husband is going to enjoy them I had to check if those will be toddler approved, as well. And here are the results:
You think she liked it ?!🙂