In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Mondays…, but I totally understand those who hate them…
“I don’t like Monday” Polish movie (very funny, believe me!) from 1971 – watching it is a one way how to enter Monday with a good mood.
More tasty and multi-international way is to have a fresh-baked cinnamon butterflies for breakfast:
This is the recipe:
- 7 g active dry yeast (one teaspoon = 3.1 g)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 4 Tbps melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 very small eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I skipped it)
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- filling: 4 Tbps soft butter; 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 Tbp cinnamon
- glaze: 1 small egg mixed with 1 Tbp milk; some crushed sugar cubes (don’t skip the sugar otherwise the buns won’t be sweet enough);
- you can put some almond flakes on top as well or make a glaze (I didn’t have almonds or ingredients for glaze so I skipped it)
For directions go to Kitchen Unplugged.
For direction in Polish go to Motylki z Cynamonem.
I made the dough last night and kept it in the fridge till this morning.
To make the dough last night took me about 10 minutes.
This morning I spent additional 10 minutes to roll the dough out, put cinnamon-sugar-butter filling, roll the dough up, and cut.
10 minutes of waiting for them to bake 🙂
Very easy to make, and very tasty! Worth to try it out!
Happy Monday, everybody!