We had a mirror that was kind of dirty with paint. I couldn’t clean it so I thought I’ll paint it over. That mirror was laying in the house for much too long and finally a week ago I got a new idea – I’ll make a frame from recycled magazines. I make pictures frame the same way so I had a bowl (made from newspapers, mostly junk mail) filled with extra coiles made from cut magazines.
That’s my bowl:
A little bit glue on the old frame part and we’re rollin… :)
I used two pieces of a cardboard. One for covering the floor, and the second one for covering the mirror surface while spraying the frame with the glue.
My two little helpers. Always together! Always watching what I am doing. Always ready to help.
Work in progress…
I have to admit that it took me about a week or more to finish that mirror. It’d been laying on the patio’s floor and many times my husband would step on it… Oh well. My fault. When I started that project I didn’t have enough rolled coild and I had to stop to make a few more… and it wasn’t enough again, so I had to make more… and so on… .
At the end I sprayed it with spare urethane to make the frame a little bit glossy. It looks really nice.
Today was the last day. It’s done!
Our daughter JUST LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!