In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Mondays…, but I totally understand those who hate them…
“I don’t like Monday” Polish movie (very funny, believe me!) from 1971 – watching it is a one way how to enter Monday with a good mood.
More tasty and multi-international way is to have a fresh-baked cinnamon butterflies for breakfast:
This is the recipe:
- 7 g active dry yeast (one teaspoon = 3.1 g)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 4 Tbps melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 very small eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (I skipped it)
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- filling: 4 Tbps soft butter; 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 Tbp cinnamon
- glaze: 1 small egg mixed with 1 Tbp milk; some crushed sugar cubes (don’t skip the sugar otherwise the buns won’t be sweet enough);
- you can put some almond flakes on top as well or make a glaze (I didn’t have almonds or ingredients for glaze so I skipped it)
For directions go to Kitchen Unplugged.
For direction in Polish go to Motylki z Cynamonem.
I made the dough last night and kept it in the fridge till this morning.
To make the dough last night took me about 10 minutes.
This morning I spent additional 10 minutes to roll the dough out, put cinnamon-sugar-butter filling, roll the dough up, and cut.
10 minutes of waiting for them to bake
Very easy to make, and very tasty! Worth to try it out!
Happy Monday, everybody!